In order to assure you and all our guests of a secure and pleasant stay with us, we have established the following regulations governing the usage of our facilities. We kindly ask your cooperation to observe these regulations, as stated in Article 10 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts. When these regulations are not observed, we may be obliged to refuse permission for occupancy of guest rooms or usage of other facilities,and there may also be cases that guests are held liable for damages caused to the Hotel. Your special attention to these regulations and policies is highly appreciated.
1. Please do not smoke at areas likely to cause a fire (particularly in bed, or while walking in the Hotel).
2. Please refrain from any act that may be a cause of fire．
3. Kindly do not any mischief to the fire-fighting equipment, for such act may cause difficulties in maintaining the safety of our guests.
1. When leaving your room, please be sure to lock the door．
2. When leaving the Hotel, please deposit your room key at the front desk．
3. Please refrain from inviting visitors to your guest room. Kindly utilize the hotel lobby or lounge for seeing your visitors.
1. A safety deposit box is equipped in guest rooms for the convenience of our guestʼs free use. However it is a simplified deposit box, and therefore,please be sure to deposit cash or other valuables at the front desk for the purpose of prevention of accident. When you do so, please specify the kind and value of the articles.
2. When loss or other damage is caused to cash and valuables stored elsewhere other than the front desk, the Hotel will compensate for the damage only within certain limitation.
3. Lost goods and articles left behind will be handled in accordance with(Paragraph 2 and 3 of Article 16 of Terms and Conditions for) Accommodation Contracts, and related regulations.
1. Please pay your bill by cash, or accepted travelers check or the accepted Hotel coupon at the front desk when you depart or when bills are presented to you by the Hotel. In case you desire to settle the payment by means other than cash, travelers check, or Hotel coupon, please consult with the Hotel in advance.
2. Kindly note checks other than travelers check will not be accepted for payment．
3. When signing for bills at the bars or other facilities in the Hotel, you are kindly asked to presented your key. The Hotel will not make payment on behalf of guests for expenses such as transportation tickets, taxi fares,postage, and carriage.
4. Kindly note advance deposits may be requested certain instances upon arrival.
1. Please do not bring into the Hotel anything likely to cause annoyance to other guests of the Hotel, such as dogs, cats, birds, and other animals ;ignitable objects or inflammables : objects emitting a foul odor ; and articles the possession of which is prohibited by the laws of Japan.
2. Please refrain from behaving in clamorous manner involving loud voice or singing ; engaging in gamgling or other acts likely to corrupt public morals and peace ; or committing acts likely to cause annoyance to other guests within the Hotel.
3. Kindly do not use your room, lobby and other Hotel facilities for business activities (such as distributing advertising or publicity materials or selling commodities) or for purposes other than to live in, without prior approval of the Hotel.
4. Please do not change the arrangement of the Hotel facility and equipment to any great extent. Please do not use the Hotel facility and equipment for the purpose other than designated for them.
5. Please do not distribute or leave your belongings at the window side of guest room, balcony , passageway, or lobby.
6. After usage of bathtub or washbasin, please be sure to turn off the tap,since water overflow may cause damage to rooms next to and below.
7. Please refrain from wearing Geta (wooden clogs) or rubber boots in the Hotel.
8. We refuse permission for occupancy of guest rooms by minor(s) unless approval from his/her guardian is provided.
9. We kindly ask your cooperation in saving power and water in order to conserve energy.
10. Phone call made from guest room, only the rate for the call will be charged.
01.01 The Accommodation Contract and related contracts to be concluded between our Ryokan/Hotel and the Guest shall be based on this Contract under the following terms and conditions of our Contract. Any matter not stipulated in this Contract shall be governed by ordinance and generally established practice.
01.02. When our Ryokan/Hotel has agreed to conclude a Special Contract without conflicting with ordinance and established practice, the said Special Contract shall prevail.
02.01. The Guest who intends to apply to our Ryokan/Hotel for an accommodation Contract will be required to provide our Ryokan/Hotel with the following particulars:
(1) Name(s) of Guest(s) to be registered.
(2) Date(s) scheduled for overnight stay and estimated time of arrival. (3) Accommodation charge (according, in principle, to the basic accommodation charges described in the attached ScheduleⅠ).
(4) Other information considered necessary by our Ryokan/Hotel.
02.02. In the case that the Guest has requested, during his/her stay, an extension of an overnight stay beyond the date described in the preceding Paragraph (2) above, our Ryokan/Hotel shall handle his/her request as a new application for an Accommodation Contract which has been made at the point in time when the said request has been made.
03.01. The Accommodation Contract shall be considered to have been concluded at the time when our Ryokan/Hotel has accept the application described in the preceding Article, unless our Ryokan/Hotel has certified that our Ryokan/Hotel has not accepted the said application.
03.02. When the Accommodation Contract has been concluded under the provision of the preceding Paragraph, the Application Money payable for the period scheduled for overnight stay as prescribed by our Ryokan/Hotel shall be paid by the date set by us, up to the maximum amount equal to the basic accommodation charge for 3 days in cases where the period scheduled for overnight stay exceeds 3 days.
03.03. The Application Money shall first be applied to the final payment of the Accommodation Charge payable, and when the circumstances requiring application of the provisions of Article 6 and Article 18 have arisen, to penalty and then to compensation money in this order. If there is any balance left it will be repaid at the time when the Accommodation Charge is paid as provided in Article 12.
03.04. In the case that Application Money described in Paragraph 2 of this Article has not been paid by the date set by us as stipulated in the same Paragraph, the Accommodation Contract shall become invalid, but limited only to the case where our Ryokan/Hotel has notified the Guest to that effect at the time when prescribing the day due for payment of the Application Money.
04.01. Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding Article, Paragraph 2,there are cases where our Ryokan/Hotel accept a Special Contract which does not require payment of the Application Money specified in the said Paragraph after the conclusion of the Contract.
04.02. When accepting an application for an Accommodation Contract, in the case that our Ryokan/Hotel fails to request payment of the Application Money specified in the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, and/or in the case that it fails to prescribe the due date for payment of the said Application Money, the Special Contract described in the preceding Paragraph shall be considered to have been accepted.
05.01. The following are cases where our Ryokan/Hotel will not accept the conclusion of the Accommodation Contract:
(1) When application for accommodation is not based on this Contract.
(2) When there is no room available due to full occupancy.
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals.
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
(a)The law respect to prevention, etc. against illegal actions by gang members (1991 Law item 77) stipulated article 2 item 2 (hereinafter referred to as “gang group”.), gang member stipulated by the same law article 2 item 6 (hereinafter referred to as “gang member”.), gang group semi-regular members or gang member related persons and other antisocial forces.
(b)When gang group or gang members are associates of corporations or other bodies to control business activities.
(c)When a corporate body has related persons to gang members. (5) When the Guest seeking accommodation behaves extremely in a mischievous way against other hotel guests.
(6) When the Guest seeking accommodation is clearly considered to be a patient with an infectious disease.
(7) When the Guest seeking accommodation, a violent requesting act is carried out, or demanded a burden beyond the reasonable purview.
(8) When act of God, trouble with facilities, and other unavoidable causes prevent the Guest from staying at our Ryokan/Hotel.
(9) When the provisions of Article (No.5) of yamagata Metropolitan Prefecture Ordinance are applicable.
06.01. The Guest may request our Ryokan/Hotel to cancel the accommodation Contract.
06.02. In the case that the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes attributable to him/her (which is the case when our Ryokan/Hotel has requested payment of the Application Money by prescribing the date due for such payment under the provision of Article 3, Paragraph 2, except in the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract prior to such payment), payment of penalty shall be required as specified in the attached ScheduleⅡ, but in the case that our Ryokan/Hotel has accept a Special Contract described in Article 4, Paragraph 1 this provision shall be applied only to the case where our Ryokan/Hotel has notified the Guest of his/her responsibility to pay a penalty for cancellation of the Contract when accepting the Special Contract.
06.03. In the case that the Guest does not arrive by 8:00 p.m. on the day of an overnight stay without informing our Ryokan/Hotel of a delay (or after the lapse of 2 hours past the scheduled time of arrival if indicated by the Guest beforehand), the Accommodation Contract concerned may be considered to have been cancelled by the Guest and will handled accordingly.
07.01. The following are cases where our Ryokan/Hotel may cancel the
(1) When the Guest is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals, or he/she is considered to have behaved in such a manner.
(2) When the Guest is clearly considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
(a)Gang group, gang group semi-regular members or gang member related persons and other antisocial forces.
(b)When a corporate body or other organization where gang groups or gang members control business activities.
(c)In a corporate body which has persons relevant to gang member in its board members.
(3) When the Guest in accommodation behaves extremely in a mischievous way against other hotel guests.
(4) When the Guest is clearly considered to be a patient with an infectious disease.
(5) When having accommodation, a violent action is carried out, or demanded a burden beyond the reasonable purview.
(6) When unavoidable causes, such act of God, etc., prevent the Guest from staying at our Ryokan/Hotel.
(7) When the provision of Article (No.5) of Yamagata Metropolitan Prefectural Ordinance are applicable.
(8) When the Guest smokes in bed or vandalizes fire protection facilities, or does not comply with the matters prohibited by our Ryokan/Hotel (limited only to those matters necessary for fire prevention) among the rules of use prescribed by our Ryokan/Hotel.
07.02. In cases where our Ryokan/Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the provision of the preceding Paragraph,charges for accommodation service, etc. which have not yet been offered to the Guest shall not be receivable.
08.01. The Guest will be required to register the following particulars at the
front desk of our Ryokan/Hotel:
(1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest.
(2) Nationality, passport number, place entered and date entered, in the case of a foreign guest.
(3) Scheduled date and time of departure.
(4) Other particulars considered necessary by our Ryokan/Hotel
08.02. In the case that the Guest intends to pay the charges described in Article 12 by using such means in place of currency ad traveler’s checks,accommodation coupons, credit card, etc., he/she will be required to show them at the time of registration described in the preceding Paragraph.
09.01. The time allowed for the Guest to use the guest room of our Ryokan/ Hotel shall be from 3:00 p.m. till 10:00 a.m. of the following morning, except when the Guest stays for more than one night in succession, in which case the Guest may use the guest room all day except the day of arrival and the day of departure.
09.02. Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding Paragraph, there are
cases where our Ryokan/Hotel may accept the use of the guest room in
hours other than those specified in the preceding Paragraph, in which
case an additional charge will be required as specified below.
(1) Up to 3 hours in excess of the prescribed hours
…… 30% of the amount equivalent to the room charge
(2) Up to 6 hours in excess of the prescribed hours
…… 50% of the amount equivalent to the room charge
(3) 6 hours or more in excess of the prescribed hours
…… 100% of the amount equivalent to the room charge
(09.03. The amount equivalent to the room charge as described in the preceding paragraph shall be 70% of the basic accommodation charge.)
10.01. While staying in our Ryokan/Hotel, the Guest will be required to comply with the Rules of Use posted inside our Ryokan/Hotel as prescribed by us.
11.01. The business hours of principal facilities in our Ryokan/Hotel shall be as follows. Details of the service hours of other facilities are explained in the pamphlet provided, displays at major points inside our Ryokan/Hotel, and the service directory provided in each guest room.
(1) Service Hours of Front Desk, Cashier, etc.:
(a) Curfew 0:00a.m.
(b) Front Desk 7:00a.m. - 9:00p.m.
(2) Drinking and Eating (Facilities) Service Hours:
(a) Breakfast 7:00a.m. - 9:00a.m.
(b) Lunch 11:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.
(c) Dinner 5:30p.m. - 9:00p.m.
(d) Other Drinking and Eating Services, etc.
Coffee shop 7:30a.m. - 9:00p.m.
Bar 8:00p.m. - 0:00a.m.
Soba Restaurant 8:00p.m.-11:30p.m.
(3) Service Hours of Ancillary Facilities:
(a) Souvenir shop 7:00a.m. - 9:00p.m.
11.02. The service hours described in the preceding Paragraph may be changed temporarily for unavoidable reasons, in which case the Guest will be notified by proper means.
12.01. The breakdown of the accommodation charge, etc. payable by the Guest shall be ad listed in the attached Schedule I.
12.02. Payment of the accommodation charges, etc. described in the preceding Paragraph shall be made in currency or by other alternative means acceptable by our Ryokan/Hotel, such as traveler’s check, accommodation coupon, credit card, etc., at the front desk at the time when the Guest departs from our Ryokan/Hotel or is charged by our Ryokan/Hotel.
12.03. In the case that the Guest has not stayed at our Ryokan/Hotel at his/her discretion even after we have offered the guest room to the Guest and made it available for him/her to use, the accommodation charge will still be charged.
13.01. In the Case that we have inflicted damage on the Guest in the course of fulfilling the Accommodation Contract and related Contracts or in breach of these Contracts, we shall compensate for the said damage, unless the said damage has been caused due to a cause not attributable to us.
13.02. Our Ryokan/Hotel is covered by the Ryokan/Hotel liability insurance to cope with emergencies in the case of fire, etc.
14.01. Should the guest room contracted for the Guest under the Accommodation Contract become unavailable for him/her, our Ryokan/Hotel shall try to offer other accommodation facilities under the same conditions as the original Accommodation Contract as far as possible,subject to the consent of the Guest concerned.
14.02. Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding Paragraph, in cases where we are unable to offer other accommodation facilities to the Guest, we shall pay to him/her a compensation charge equivalent to the penalty,which will be applied to the amount of the compensable damage.However, in cases where there is no cause attributable to us for not being able to offer the guest room, we shall not pay the compensation charge.
15.01. When the articles, cash and/or valuables checked by the Guest at the front desk have been lost or damaged, our Ryokan/Hotel shall compensate for the damage, unless the loss or damage has been caused by force de majeure. However, in the case of cash and valuables, we shall do so only when the Guest has clearly reported the kind and value of such cash and valuables at our request. Otherwise we shall compensate for the damage up to the maximum amount of 150,000 yen.
15.02. When the Guest has brought into our Ryokan/Hotel article, cash and/or valuables but has not checked them at the front desk, we shall compensate for the loss or damage inflicted on them if caused intentionally or negligently on our part, except when the Guest has not clearly reported to us beforehand the kind and value of such items lost or damaged, in which case we shall compensate for the loss or damage up to the maximum amount of 50,000 yen unless we are intentionally or negligently responsible for such loss or damage.
16.01. When the baggage of the Guest has arrived at our Ryokan/Hotel prior to his/her arrival, our Ryokan/Hotel will keep it subject to our agreement given prior to its arrival, and will hand it to the Guest at the time when he/she checks in at the front desk.
16.02. In the case that the baggage or personal belongings of the Guest are found misplaced after he/she has checked out, our Ryokan/Hotel shall ask the owner of such items for his/her instructions when the owner has been identified. However, when there are no instructions from the owner or the owner has not been identified, our Ryokan/Hotel shall keep them for 7 days including the day then they have been found, and shall deliver them to a police station near our Ryokan/Hotel after a lapse of 7 days.
16.03. The responsibility of our Ryokan/Hotel regarding the custody of the Guest’s baggage or personal belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall conform to the provision of the preceding Article,Paragraph 1, in the case of Paragraph 1 of this Article and to the provision of the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, in the case of the preceding Paragraph. 16.02.
17.01. When the Guest uses the parking area of our Ryokan/Hotel, our Ryokan/Hotel only lends the parking area and does not assume responsibility for care and custody of the vehicle parked, regardless of whether or not our Ryokan/Hotel has been asked to keep the key to the vehicle. However, our Ryokan/Hotel shall be liable for compensation if and when the vehicle parked is damaged intentionally or negligently on our side while keeping the parking area under our control.
18.01. In the case that our Ryokan/Hotel has suffered damage due to the intention or fault of the Guest, the Guest will be required to compensate to our Ryokan/Hotel for the said damage.
Breakdown of Accommodation Charge (concerning Article 2-1 and 12-1）
to be paid by the Guest
|Accommodation Charges||Basic Accommodation Charge (Room Charge +Breakfast & Dinner)|
|Additional Charges||Extra Meals and Drinks (other than Breakfast and Dinner) and Other Expenses|
|Tax||a. Consumption Tax
b. Hot Spring Tax (only in spa districts)
1. Basic Accommodation Charge is based on the tariffs, which are posted the front desk.
2. A child’s charge applies to Children attending elementary school of ages (up to 12 years of age) and under. 70% of the adult charge shall be required when meals and bedding comparable to those for the adult are provided to such children. 50% shall be required when meals and bedding for children are provided and 30% when only bedding for children is provided. 2,100yen shall be required when children take no meals and bedding.
Penalty (Article 6-2) for Ryokans
|1 to 14||15 to 30||31 to 100||101
|1 day Prior Accommodation Day||20%||20%||50%||50%|
|2 day Prior Accommodation Day||20%||20%||20%||25%|
|3 day Prior Accommodation Day||20%||20%||20%||25%|
|5 day Prior Accommodation Day||20%||20%||25%|
|6 day Prior Accommodation Day||20%||25%|
|7 day Prior Accommodation Day||20%||25%|
|8 day Prior Accommodation Day||10%||15%|
|14 day Prior Accommodation Day||10%||15%|
|15 day Prior Accommodation Day||10%|
|20 day Prior Accommodation Day||10%|
|30 day Prior Accommodation Day||10%|
1. The percentages signify the rate cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
2. When the number of days contracted is shortened, the cancellation charge for its first day paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
3. When part of a group booking (for 15 person or more) is cancelled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of 10 days prior to the occupancy (when accepted less than 10 days prior to the occupancy, as of the date) with fractions counted as a whole number.